Arty-Forty

Monday 19 July 2010

Destruction and creativity weekend...

To start with, the destruction - remember my treat jar that was part of my DT work on the ATDML July gallery? Here it is...
And here it is after 3 Bengals decide that they don't want anything to come between them and their Go-cat!
Ah well...I still love them!

But the creativity continues, This weekend I managed to get a few things done - amazing since I also got my i-pad on Saturday, and I love it (thank you Jonathan!).
The creativity started with my entry in the art journal I'm in. The theme was 'journey' and I decided to use some of my stamps and inks to create a Chinese page based on the saying 'A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step'. Appropriate for me having lived in Hong Kong and travelled in China.
I then spent some time assembling and painting a birdcage which I got from A Trip Down Memory Lane - but no photos yet since I'll be blogging about it on the ATDML blog at the end of the month.
I then decided to do a bit of felting and made a handful of black felted balls. I then sat lastnight while we watched a film and turned them into a necklace, sewing little beads onto each ball. I just have to add a clasp of some kind then it's done.


Anyway, today I'm off with Mum to check out a new craft shop in Kirkcaldy called The Crafty Bite...will let you know how we get on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate your feedback.