Arty-Forty

Sunday 4 July 2010

I see you quivering with antici.........pation!

At having to wait for my next blog post?... maybe - I know it's taken a while, but now I've finished making my 25 individual little scrapbooks for the children in my class and I'm on holiday I may be able to post a little more often (and actually have some sort of arty content).

No, today's post is a late update on my birthday present progress. June was 'The Rocky Horror Show' at Edinburgh Playhouse. Where else would I have the following conversation with my husband?...

Him: Jane, look at that man just wearing gold hotpants!
Me: Where?!?
Him: Behind the man with the basque and the beard!

Of course that was just the audience he was talking about and although we are not Rocky Horror virgins we did not dress up (both having come straight from work). The audience may have been good, but the cast were outstanding. For me usually nobody can compare to Tim Curry as Frank-en-furter but David Bedella was amazing. In fact the whole cast were excellent - and the staging was very well thought out and witty - I especially liked Brad and Janet's car.

We sang along, we danced the Time Warp and enjoyed the spectacle of Rocky in his leopard print pants! All in all a great evening and I have to give it a 10/10!

Janet: I don't like men with too many muscles.
Frank: I didn't make him for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate your feedback.