Arty-Forty

Sunday 8 August 2010

Creativity gone mad!

Tomorrow you need to head over to Let's Capture Our Memories blog to check out their card challenge as I am their guest designer for the week. My 'upcycling' card won me the honour!
I won't reveal their challenge for next week but I will show you another card I made at the same time...
I used the 'Sweet treats' cricut cartridge for the cupcake and glued on some bugle beads as 'sprinkles'.

Another 'commission' I had this week was to make a sash and medals for my brother in law. He's travelling to USA on business and one of the events he's attending when he's there is a costume party. He is meant to wear national costume so David wants to go as a Lord in his suit with a sash and Order of the Garter or Order of the British Empire. Anyway - I got the job of fabricating his dubious honours (apologies, Your Majesty!)... So several hours and an empty bottle of diamond Stickles later here's what I came up with...
If you're curious to know how close I got to the real thing try looking at Order of the Garter on Google Images! All I can say is I bet they're not made from an empty Magners can!

This week sees me working on my next class for ATDML, designing Vicki and Jay's wedding cake, making jam and marmalade for the Christmas fayre, finishing my Hiawatha play er...starting my Hiawatha play, more school work and all those jobs round the house I was going to get done during the school holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate your feedback.