Arty-Forty

Sunday 19 May 2013

Secret Garden #1

So I've been getting over not getting through to the Graphic 45 design team by... crafting with Graphic 45 papers - the Secret Garden papers to be exact, so I have a few things to show you over the next few blog posts.
I'll start simple by showing my Layouts. Actually they are my least favourite of all of the projects I have done so I'll start with them.
I loved the title paper and in particular the white picket fence, so I decided to recreate the fence using white Bazzill for this first layout. I had bought two packets of perfectly coloured Primas while I was at the retreat so I used them to embellish along with some other flowers and the ash leaf punch...
The picture is actually me...but a LONG time ago - I think I was seventeen when this was taken.

In the next layout, the picture is of an acorn nestled in some oak leaves which I took looking up into an oak tree when we visited Quorn. I used the Tim Holtz tattered leaves die and the birdcage die...
I love the background paper from the Secret Garden collection with the bluebirds and the cages - but I worry that it is too busy for the layout.
I cut the letters using the Tim Holtz alphabet die i have and then edged them with 'forest moss' distress ink and covered them with crackle glaze.

I have a pop up altered book, a secret keeper mini book in an altered box and a whole load of cards to share too - so please come back again!

In the meantime, check out the new releases on the Graphic 45 blog - I especially love the Steampunk Spells - I have lots of plans for that!

Jane
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate your feedback.