Arty-Forty

Thursday 5 December 2013

Let it snow!


...and it actually did snow a bit today - though it was totally overshadowed by the high winds which shut the Forth Road Bridge at one point.

Today's recipe is for baked mini doughnuts (or donuts if you prefer!). I love these because they are so easy to make with no hot oil to worry about. I first made them for my class at school when we were learning about Hanukkah - as doughnuts are  typical Hanukkah fare and I thought my class might like these as a treat.
You do need the right baking equipment though - I have a silicone mini doughnut tray which works brilliantly. I think the recipe was attached to the tray when I bought it...

you need...
1 cup plain flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon melted butter
6 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 beaten egg
cinnamon sugar

1.  Sift all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
2.  In a separate bowl mix together the 'wet' ingredients then whisk into the dry ingredients.
3.  Butter a mini doughnut tray then 1/2 fill each 'well'.
4.  Bake for 5 - 10 minutes at 180degrees C until golden.
5.  Remove from tray and roll in cinnamon sugar while still warm.
6.  Eat immediately!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate your feedback.